24 Mar RECIPE: Salmon Avocado Quinoa Salad (DF GF)
Looking for a dish to help boost your immune system? Cherry Law, a nutritionist at Eatology shares this quick, quarantine-friendly recipe that’ll keep you strong this season.
The Salmon Avocado Quinoa Salad is a colorful bowl full of protein and fresh flavors that, guaranteed, will leave you feeling both full and healthy. Dairy and gluten free.
For another virus-fighting recipe, check out this Sprout Salad recipe by SpiceBox Organics.
Let’s get started!
Salmon Avocado Quinoa Salad
- 100g (1⁄2 cup) organic quinoa
- 100g smoked salmon, chopped
- 1⁄2 avocado, chopped
- 8 medium radishes
- 1 tablespoon pumpkin seed
- 1 teaspoon sesame seed
- 1 tablespoon sunflower seed
- 1 teaspoon apple cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon light soy sauce 1g ginger, chopped
- 2g coriander
- Add the quinoa to a pan of boiling water and cook for approximately 15 minutes (or according to the package instructions).
- Drain the quinoa and add smoked salmon and radishes.
- Mix the light soy sauce, vinegar and ginger shavings.
- Toss the pumpkin seeds, sunflower seeds, sesame seeds, radish until well mixed.
- Mix the quinoa, dressing and seeds mixture together.
- Chop the avocado into cubes. Top the salad with avocado cubes.
This dish is excellent for boosting your immune system. It contains quinoa, which brings enough protein to the recipe, keeping it light yet satisfying. It is also dairy and gluten free, which makes it suitable for people with food allergies.
With pumpkin seed, sesame seed and sunflower seed in the mix, this dish is rich in zinc, which helps the immune system in fighting off bacteria and viruses. Lastly we have radish, which is good for the heart, detoxifying, hydrating, and high in fiber.
For more healthy recipes, check out www.eatologyasia.com.
Eatology is a meal planner that provides premium, tailor-made meal programs and delivers delicious, healthy food to the door. Their professionally prepared meals are designed by chefs, tested by dietitians, and freshly cooked everyday. Eatology creates gourmet recipes comprised of wholesome, nutrient-dense ingredients with great flavors. All their packaging is biodegradable to go with a green and healthy lifestyle.