08 May A Healthier Twist On Pancakes!
If you want more energy at work or play, or simply a delicious, family-friendly breaky on a lazy Sunday morning, you can’t go past FLEXtreme director Andrea Ramirez’s superpowered and super easy pancakes.
Filling, low GI and low on fat while being high in fiber, this is a great way to ensure you stay focused on the go for longer and improve your digestion (plus, they taste great).
Banana Oat Protein Pancakes [gluten-free]
Prep Time 5 minutes Cook Time 10 minutes Total Time 15 minutes
- 2 cups egg whites
- 2 cups gluten-free rolled oats
- 2 ripe bananas mashed
- 1 cup cottage cheese, low fat
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 4 teaspoons vanilla extract
- Blend all pancake ingredients together in your blender .
- Spray a small skillet with nonstick cooking spray and pour a 1/4 cup of the mixture into the pan.
- Cook until edges are dry and bubbles on top have formed. Flip over and cook another minute.
- Finish cooking the rest of the batter.
- Add honey and yogurt and/or fruit for topping if desired.