15 Nov Holiday Recipe: Roasted Beets Salad by Chef Fede Tiseyra
A gift of love this holiday season. Wellness means many things: how we treat our body, including the food we eat, is an essential component of wellness and self love. This season we feature the Roasted Beet Salad recipe from Chef Fede Tiseyra of No Sleep Club.
In Fede’s words
Cooking represents a crucial part of my every day. Is part of a routine where all the senses are connected all the time and many possibilities to create are on.
Art, music, books, travels, previous restaurants, local ingredients and markets, are some of the elements that influence when I decide to create a dish or develop a menu. But I could not make any of it without one of the most important ingridient to make delicious food: love.
I believe cooking is sharing with others your love and generosity, since you are crafting something with your hands to give others the pleasure of enjoying it.
Cooking and sharing this passion is the goal I have when doing and serving food. Cooking is love. We cook what we feel and this energy is what we send to others too.
To have a healthy routine is taking care of yourself, and the way you eat is also part of this love that you are sending to your own body. Search for the best quality ingredients, have this connection with the food that you are gonna eat, see the transformation of the vegetables and fruits, appreciate them in every and natural step of growing as part of the ecosystem where we live.
Cook, passion and the love for cooking.
ROASTED BEETS SALAD
- Medium size red beets.
- Medium size golden skin yellow beets.
- Place the beets in a tray and wrap each beet in aluminium foil with a drizzle of olive oil and pinches of salt and pepper. Thyme and some herbs would be great too, giving some aroma and fresh notes on the roasting process.
- Leave in the oven for around 40 minutes – 1 hour until they are soft inside.
- Check the texture with a small knife in the center part.
- Unwrap the beets and set them aside to cool. Take off the skin with a knife.
- Once beets are peeled, slice them and keep until serving.
- 200g Kumquats
- 100 ml Olive oil
- Salt, pepper
- Sherry vinegar
- 50 dijon mustard
- Blend the kumquats until smooth texture and pass the pure mix using a chinoisse, to keep aside the seeds
- Mix the pure with olive oil, dijon mustard, salt, pepper and vinegar and blend until obtain an emulsion.
- Place the slices of roasted beets mixing the colors yellow and red and seasoning the salad with the kumquats dressing.
- Cover with pieces of goat cheese.
- Fresh raspberries.
- Balsamic vinegar.
- Tarragon leafs.
This beautiful salad adds colour, nutrition, and love to any holiday table.