07 Feb You Want This Winter Warmer
We can feel ourselves warming up just looking at this soup. Pomegranate Kitchen, a catering and events company with two venues in Wong Chuk Hang (and a weekday lunch service!) say that this is one of their big hits this winter.
A Middle Eastern inspired dish utilizing fresh and flavoursome ingredients, “it is definitely a favourite of ours over here”, says a Pomegranate spokeswoman (check out www.pomegranate.com.hk)
Charred Eggplant and Feta Soup with Corriander, Chili and Cumin Oil
- 8 eggplants, chargrilled/intensely smoked, then remove the flesh and discard the skin.
- 2 large brown onions, chopped
- 5-6 garlic cloves
- ¼ teaspoon of chili powder
- ¼ teaspoon of cumin
- 1.2L Chicken Stock
For Tarka/ Part of your garnish
- 1 teaspoon cumin seeds
- 10g coriander, chopped
- Pinch red chili
- 3 table spoons extra virgin olive oil
- 100g feta, crumbled
- 8 sprigs of coriander
- Saute the onion, garlic until translucent. Then add smoked eggplant, chili and chicken stock. Cook for 20-25 minutes. Blend until smooth and creamy.
- In a pan, heat the extra virgin olive oil. Add the cumin seeds, chili flakes and coriander. Fry for 1 minute, then add to soup.
- To serve, place in a bowl, top with feta and coriander leaf.