08 May The Perfect Nutrition-Packed Parfait Recipe
We all know it’s the little pleasures in life that bring a smile to our faces. So denying yourself something delicious to eat is futile. However, staying healthy is equally as important.
Luckily, a very healthy Hong Kong lady, Denise Tam – founder of Food For Life and a holistic nutritionist – has created this delicious gluten, dairy and refined-sugar free (and seriously popular recipe for those undertaking Flex’s detox programs) to make your day.
Cashew Cream Parfait
1 cup Organic Traditions Raw Almonds.
2 tbsp Organic Traditions Hazelnut Butter.
1.5 tsp Organic Traditions Coconut Palm Sugar (optional).
1 cup Organic Traditions raw cashews.
1.5 cup filtered water.
1 tsp maple syrup/vanilla extract or 1 soaked medjool date.
2 tbsp Organic Traditions Golden Berries.
Fruits of choice: blueberries, strawberries, raspberries, kiwi fruit.
1) Soak the cashews and golden berries for 1-2 hours until soft.
2) Pulse the almonds in a food processor.
3) Add the hazelnut butter and coconut palm sugar and mix thoroughly.
4) Transfer into your dish and press firmly and set aside.
5) Add cashews, water and sweetener of choice to a high-speed blender and blend until creamy. Add more water for a lighter consistency.
6) Layer the cashew cream on top of the almond base and add toppings.
Note from Denise: raw organic nuts are an ideal healthy snack. Most nuts provide a healthy nutritional profile of healthy fats, protein, fiber and low amounts of carbohydrates. I prefer organic and raw nuts to avoid possible aflatoxin, a type of mold commonly found in conventional nuts and grains. You can also easily turn this parfait into a healthy breakfast by adding more fruit and thereby taking out the sweetener.
Denise Tam will be conducting a lecture and cooking class at the close of our 6-Day Detox. May 20 (across from Flex, five minute walk) 1045am-12.45.