08 May Homeopathy Versus Naturopathy
Looking for a natural approach to your health needs? This brief list of what’s best for you will help!
- Based on the ideas of German doctor, Samuel Hahnemann, in the 1790s.Central principle is ‘like cures like’. That is, a substance that causes certain symptoms can also help remove those symptoms.
- Offers an ultra-diluted, micro-dose as a remedy. The substance is found in nature (plant or vegetable) with the idea that the dose enhances the body’s normal healing and self-regulatory processes.
- Central task is to understand the patient as a whole person, so practitioner will ask about general wellbeing, emotional state, lifestyle and diet.
- Remedies often used to treat atopic dermatitis, rheumatoid arthritis, allergies and irritable bowel syndrome, as well as cuts, scrapes and muscle strains or sprains.
- Well-known proponent is Prince of Wales, who announced in 2016 he treats his own cows and sheep with homeopathy.
- Emphasis on treating the causes of the issue and to stimulate the body’s natural healing powers.
- Offers nutrition and supplementation advice, lifestyle counselling (exercise, stress management, new habit formations) and some physical manipulation and adjustments (such as acupuncture).
- Most commonly treats allergies, chronic pain, digestive issues, hormonal imbalances, obesity, respiratory conditions, fertility problems, menopause, adrenal fatigue, cancer, fibromyalgia and chronic fatigue syndrome.
- Promotes holistic healing (mentally, emotionally, physically and spiritually) from the root of the issue.