06 Feb The Chocolate Fix You Need
Who doesn’t love a sweet treat? The good news is, you can – without giving up a healthy approach to eating. This tasty, nutrition-packed snack provides plenty of energy to get you through the day.
Protein Packed Choc Ball
(Gluten free, dairy free, refined sugar-free, high protein).
1 cup Organic Traditions raw almonds
1/2 cup nut butter
1/2 cup soaked dates
1/4 cup hemp seeds
1/4 cup Organic Traditions cacao powder
4 tbsp Organic Traditions cacao nibs
1 tbsp coconut nectar (optional)
Add goji berries, dried fruits, nuts or super greens to make it your own.
1. Pulse raw almond in a food processor until broken in chunks. Set aside in a bowl.
2. Blend dates and nut butter until they form a paste.
3. Add remaining dry ingredients to the bowl and mix with the paste.
4. Roll in balls or set in a baking pan to cut into squares after.
5. Refrigerate for a minimum of 30minutes.
This delicious, healthy and simple recipe comes courtesy of Denise Tam at Food for Life (foodforlifehk.com)