16 Jul It’s Week 6 of Our Summer Series – Yoga!
Welcome to Week 6 of our Summer Series – Yoga with Victor Chau – where our instructors show you how to keep fit and healthy when on holidays. This week, yoga master Victor explores the Salutation Series A, to ensure you stretch, tone, breathe and strengthen safely. Make sure to tune in next week for Salutation Series B (psst. New yoga teachers! Visit http://flexhk.com/yoga-mentorship-victor-chau/ to see how you can improve your teaching skills).
- Mountain Pose – it looks simple and because of this, there is the temptation to rush it. But if you stay active in your alignment , it can hard work. Be aware of how every body part plays a role in stacking bones and keeping spine long. Keep legs strong.
- Standing Forward Fold – stretches hips, hamstrings, and calves, strengthens thighs and knees, keeps spine strong and flexible, reduces stress, anxiety and fatigue, calms the mind and soothes nerves, relieves tension in the spine, neck, and back, as well as activating abdominal muscles.
- Half way lift – helps stimulate the liver and kidneys while stretching hamstrings, calves, and hips.
- Plank – strengthens the entire body and builds muscle definition, particularly when it comes to abs, chest and arms.
- Chaturanga Dandasana – apart from further strengthening, this prepares body for inversions.
- Upward facing dog – Improves posture, strengthens the spine, arms and wrists. Stretches chest and lungs, shoulders and abdomen while firming buttocks.
- Downward facing dog (3 – 5 deep breaths) – utilised throughout a class, this is one to master. It calms the brainand helps relieve stress, energizes and strengthens shoulders, legs and hands.
- Step or jump forward – improves balance, agility and muscle control for everyday movement benefits.
- Standing forward fold.
- Mountain Pose.
Are you a new yoga teacher? Join the amazing Victor and a group of other like-minded yogis to enhance your teaching style and learn how to be the most effective teacher possible. For more information, go to: http://flexhk.com/yoga-mentorship-victor-chau/